Long regarded as the bike of choice in the big-bore motocross division, the 2014 CRF450R incorporates improvements that will help this bike retain its premier standing. The prodigious powerband is now even stronger thanks to more low-end pull and midrange grunt along with enhanced throttle response via a new throttle body. Revised suspension linkage and settings yield improved control, increased ride plushness and enhanced rear-wheel traction.
A new Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD) produces even better tracking traits than before, and a new muffler meets the 94-decibel sound level required by some racing organizations in 2011. All this and more make the 2011 CRF450R a shoo-in to maintain its dominant role among open-class MX bikes.
- Revised engine tuning and new 46mm throttle body increase low-end and midrange power and give improved throttle response.
- Front fork features a lighter cartridge cylinder and all-new valving for improved control and increased ride plushness.
- Revised shock valving yields improved control and increased rear wheel traction.
- New suspension linkage produces improved chassis balance and increased rear wheel traction in rough-track conditions.
- Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD) features larger piston diameter (20mm to 24mm) for improved tracking traits.
- Redesigned muffler lowers sound emissions to 94 dB.
Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 96mm x 62.1mm
Compression ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 36mm intake, titanium; 30mm exhaust, steel
Induction: PGM-FI, 46mm throttle body
Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/48T
Front: 48mm inverted KYB Air-Oil-Separate (AOS) with rebound and compression damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link KYB single shock with spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 12.5 inches travel
Brakes:Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper; Rear: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 58.7 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 26° 52'
Trail: 114.2mm (4.5 inches)
Seat Height: 37.6 inches
Ground Clearance: 13.1 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gallons